Saturday, January 1, 2011

Loulou's Resolutions

I love New Year's Day! There's nothing like a fresh start to make you feel all rosy and optimistic. Now that I have returned from my self-imposed sabbatical in Daytona Beach, I am ready to jump back into city life. But not before making my annual list of resolutions. I only make fun resolutions that I was planning on doing anyway because, let's face it, who needs another to-do list? Plus, I like the amazing rush that comes from setting and achieving goals, so I try to make the "achieving" part of the equation as easy as possible! So on that note, here are my top 3 resolutions for 2011:

1. Make the World a Better Place: Yes, I know this sounds very very intimidating and not at all fun, but as Oprah and other very successful people know, even the biggest goals can be broken down into itty, bitty steps. So here are mine: Shop as much as possible at as many different places as possible so that I can maximize the positive impact I make on the economy. Improve the welfare of animals by contributing to the zoo. (It's the only place where animals can go and be safe. Animal rights people who want animals to run free clearly do not know that in the wild, animals eat each other! It's a little known fact!). Smile at everybody, all the time, every day. It's very un-New York, I know, but I firmly believe that this town needs more smilers anyway. It's an easy way to lift someone's spirits!

2. Single-handedly bring back some of the more ladylike styles of the past. I will start by wearing pearls with everything and matching my nail polish to my lipstick. So fabulously retro!

3. Manage my Investments Better: I like my investments where I can see them - in my shoe closet. (I think fellow shoe-lover SJP said that first!) That means I am going to have to build a bigger, better closet to accommodate all the new shoes I plan on buying, and I am going to make sure that they get dusted and polished regularly. After all, they are the single biggest investment I've ever made!

No comments: