Sunday, January 30, 2011

Loulou's Five Must Haves of the Week

I've decided, since so many of you count on me for valuable shopping advice, to start each week with a list of the hottest, best items to buy that week! I will do this every single week, unless of course I forget! So, without delay, here are the five items on my radar this week! If you buy them, I guarantee that they will make you more Loulou-esque. And what could be better than that?


1. Marc Jacobs Happy D Bag, $139: This bag is so cheerful and so fun, it can instantly turn a basic outfit into a statement-maker. And it's so inexpensive, you can afford to buy a really cute outfit to replace the basic one, and now you look better from head to toe. It's genius, really! (Actually, it's Loulou-Logic). Thanks Gilt!
3.1 Phillip Lim Mix Jacquard Dress with Open Tie Back
2. Mix Jacquard Dress with Open Back, $475: I love this pretty, creamy, swingy dress. You can wear it now with a dark jacket and cool boots, and in spring with strappy sandals. Either way, it's a guaranteed guy-pleaser!

3. Kelly Locke Petite Bardot Clutch, $550: This metallic wine clutch is so chic and so edgy it will instantly update anything you wear it with. And the color goes with virtually everything in your closet!
 Runway Girl Scarf gallery 0
4. Runway Girl Scarf, $125: Normally, if it doesn't say Hermes, I won't wrap it around my neck. It's a matter of principle, and also of safety. (It may be superstitious, but I was brougth up to believe that nothing bad can happen to you if you are wearing Hermes, and so far it has proved to be true!). This time, however, I am making an exception with a scarf from another H - Henri Bendel. I love the fashion-y image on this pretty, colorful silk scarf so much that I may let it take the place of my beloved Hermes, just this once.
 Ikat Caftan Dress
5. Ikat Caftan Dress, $195: This silky, flowy caftan makes me want to go somewhere really exotic and lovely and be waited on by cute guys with tans. Sigh. This would be gorgeous with coral beaded sandals.

No comments: